Did you know planning your meals ahead of time is the single most important thing you can do to shave hours off your week, cut down on your grocery bills and even help you lose weight?
Being at a healthy weight isn’t just about looking good, it’s about living longer too. In fact your weight and your waist line can both tell you how likely you are to develop a chronic illness like diabetes, heart disease or cancer.
Knowing is the first step – That’s the easier part.
But it’s the next step – the more challenging step – that’s really important!
This is where you lay down your road map on how to get to and/or stay your healthiest. The good news is YOU are the one who holds the power to succeed – You are your own SUPER HERO in a way!
That’s why we’ve gathered some great resources to help you figure out your path. But don’t worry we are only a message away. Just click the magic box at the corner of your screen and let us know what we can do for you.
When it comes to staying healthy we know that 70% of it is about what you eat, but staying active has so many benefits like improving your mood, lowering stress and building strong lean muscles that we want to make sure you keep moving too. So here’s a list of our favourite YouTube Exercise Gurus who will make it impossible for you – and us – to find an excuse out of working out.
1) Erica Vetra with PsycheTruth is our go to Yoga Guru – she’s absolutely lovely and her workouts oooh boy!
2) But if you prefer something a little more mainstream then Cassey Ho is definitely your gal 🙂
3) Want to work out with a guy? Millionaire Hoy has got some great low impact workouts along with super crazy intense workouts – if that’s more your thing!
4) And for those days when all you can squeeze in is a 5-10 min workout POPSUGAR Fitness has got you covered!
5) Not to be beating our own drum, but we have some great stuff on the Nutriacs YouTube Channel including all of the playlists above plus some of our own favourites like for example our playlist of Exercise for Older Adults:
OK maybe their not the healthiest, but both Tasty and TipHero will get you inspired to cook!
1) Actually TipHero has some healthy snack ideas like chocolate quinoa balls and oven baked onion rings…
2) And Tasty just needs a few small tweaks to make their recipes not just delicious but more nourishing too – that’s why from time to time we post quick health hacks for both of these great recipe sites.
3) Want to know for sure that you’re making healthy meals – or even better – make tweaks to your favourite holiday meals and desserts, then you’ll want to check out Dani’s Clean & Delicious Channel.
4) Looking for some cute vegan inspiration – Liv’s Healthy Life will get you there and feeling youthful 🙂
1) The fact that MyRecipes allows you to search by rating and has calorie break downs for a lot of recipes makes it one of our fave recipes sites!
2) Looking for gluten-free inspiration? Look no further than the Gluten-Free Goddess … who also specializes in vegan, and dairy-free options! We especially love her breads – homemade gluten-free wrap anyone?
1) We love Jamie Oliver‘s philosophy towards food! And how can you not love someone who can teach you how to cook simple mouth watering dishes in 15 min flat?
2) Move over Dr. Oz, Dr. Axe is our go to health guru because of his holistic approach to healing.
3) Looking for more information on some of the latest nutrition trends? Dr. Weil is the voice of reason and balance for us. BTW his instruction video on 4-7-8 Breathing is something we recommend to everyone:
1) Food Matters TV or FMTV is a great place to find the latest Nutrition Documentaries and really understand how food impacts our health – seriously eye opening stuff! For example check out this interview with Dr. Andrew Saul on Naicin and Suicidal Depressio which is an excerpt from the Documentary Food Matters:
2) Dr Douillard’s LifeSpa.com is a great place to get information on healing yourself using the wisdom of Ayurveda. We love that you can access free learning videos on things that are so important to balancing your body. For example this YouTube playlist of Common Concerns covers everything from eating wheat to natural laxatives to vision care, you get the idea:
3) And if you want to hear our perspective on any nutrition topics then don’t forget to check out our blog… and drop us a line (using the pop-up below or through comments or email) if you’d like us to specifically talk about anything that’s on your mind 🙂
Our favourite Apps will get you on track in no time – and not just from a nutrition perspective either…
1) All though we are anti-calorie counting, MyNetDiary is our all-time favourite app when it comes food journaling:
2) No matter what your goal is when it comes to living a healthier life, LifeSum will help you get there, but we’ll let ummm I believe it’s Ashley explain it to you:
3) EatThisMuch is a great app if you are looking for help with Meal Planning. This is a great add on to our eBook so don’t forget to download it as well!
4) HeadSpace is a great way to get into your groove with meditation – we think everyone can benefit from a little more calm in their day and it can take as little as 10 min!
5) If you’re tired of waking up groggy, then Sleep Cycle is the app for you. It’s basically an alarm clock that wakes you up when your in the lightest sleep cycle so no matter how many hours you sleep or even nap, you’ll feel like you’ve rested… but why are we trying to explain it when you can check out this review:
If you love reading you’ll have to check out our list of absolute MUST READS!
1) Healthy at 100 talks about expanding your health span along with your lifespan – super interesting!
2) The End of Food really gives you a look into what is going on with the production of our food, something we should all know about…
3) Anatomy of the Spirit is about embracing that secret part of us that we are trying to for some reason pretend doesn’t exist – OUR SPIRIT – and how to keep it healthy.. something we really need today